Monday, 21 June 2010

Grin at life

“Hey, look outside, granddad, there’s some weather“.
Wonderfully put, the grin it invokes must not be seen as mocking. That sort of enthusiasm is necessary. With the proliferation of weather we’ve had recently many of the routes that Lady and I take on our walks have got overgrown. Lady is quite capable, head down she disappears rapidly into tall grass: I need a stick to part the vegetation. There is a handy piece of silver birch which I use for the task and I keep it with me.
Later we have to follow the road for a while. How considerate the drivers are today. Each one slows down and gives us plenty of room. Not until we get home and I add the stick to our collection by the shed door do I realise how white the stick is and what this meant for the drivers. Is that a grin on Lady’s face?

6 comments:

  1. This reminds me of what we say about places like Scotland or the Lake District where the weather is constantly changing hour by hour, and where each valley has its own microclimate: that at least they have real weather there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely little piece of writing, Tramp, showing your love for Lady, and I think the your chosen title should be posted over the threshold of every house: "Grin at Life."

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI TRAMP-

    Very nice and gentle imagery - I SO appreciate your friendship with Lady and interesting too is your stick collection :-)
    And "grin at life" I am going to remember that and do just that. :-)))))))

    Love to you
    Gail
    peace and hope.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sol
    What about a "Campaign for Real Weather"? I'll put my grandson up as president, he seems to know real weather when he sees it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. George
    Thanks. Good to see you back. Hope the weather in the UK didn't get too real for you!
    ...T

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gail
    Great to hear from you.
    Ah, yes the stick collection, now I can't take full credit for that. It's mainly the boys' enthusiasm but we can all be young at heart.
    Lady grins with her eyes - now what would that smiley look like, a sort of :)-| ???

    All the very best ... Tramp

    ReplyDelete