Sunday, 3 October 2010

Out at Last

What a trip! A few weeks ago I wouldn't have called it that but I finally got out with Lady this afternoon. No, it wasn't the colours, it was a greyish autumn afternoon and we didn't get as far as the forest, what's more with one cataract operation behind me and a second to come, the eyes are moving at different speeds so I missed subtle details .... but I was out there. It wasn't a brisk, warming walk with the circulation buzzing and the skin glowing, the movement was slow with frequent stops, the sciatic nerve to my left leg is still not completely free .... but I was out there.
There were others out there as well: cyclists, walkers, a group of runners. I know why they were there. There is a lot I don't know but Nature drives me (at the moment crawling along in 1st gear, but you need fuel even for that). I don't understand Nature but it gives me meaning and reason to be.
I am enjoying your blogs, but not able to write a lot at the moment.
...Tramp

8 comments:

  1. Getting out there. That's the main thing. 'I don't understand Nature, but it gives me meaning and reason to be.' Yes! Take care, SW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your second cataract operation, hopefully you'll be seeing a lot better once they have a chance to settle down again. And I hope your sciatic nerve improves too. Keep enjoying nature -it always helps me. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Tramp! It's great to hear from you and to know that you are out and kicking about with Lady. Sorry about the sciatica and the cataract challenges, but these situations, I'm sure, will only be temporary setbacks. Stay focused if you can on Nature, the thing that gives meaning to your life. Through good times and bad, I always find that there is something wonderful to find in nature if I just take the time to pay attention to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good, you are out again. I hope Lady is keeping a close eye on you.
    Even a short walk is better than none, as I think every time the weather is too foul to go exploring properly and i manage no more than a brisk trot along the usual 30 minute route before the rain drives Benno and me back to shelter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for these comments, friends There is something of eternity in Nature, not for us to understand but putting things in perspective.
    ...Tramp

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI TRAMP and Hey Lady

    So good to red that you are out and about - albeit slowly. I love gray Autumn days and I always move slowly so your day out in nature was perfect from my vantage point. And that's not to say that I don't completely get how different it was for you. sigh.......

    I danced!!! One slow dance with my guy - it was wonderful. And such a gift in so many ways - on so many levels. I felt like we were the only tow people on the dance floor. :-) So it looks like we each had a defining moment, huh?
    Loving you
    Gail
    peace, hope, nature and dancing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gail, that's great. YOU were wonderful. What a lovely experience. It's wonderful that we can share these "defining moments".
    It was just so great to be out. It defined to me that I need to take it easy for a while. Somehow I can now accept that, it was beginning to get to me.
    Today I went for an epidural injection which I feel has helped things in my leg.
    Dance on, my wonderful friend.
    ...Tramp

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad that you managed to get out with Lady at last, no matter how slowly you move it's the being out there and connecting with the natural world and the seasons that counts. As George says, both the cataracts and the sciatica are temporary problems. Going slow and peering at things is sometimes a good thing anyway - you notice the small things and the details that way and for Lady there's plenty of time to investigate all the wonderful sniffy places:)

    ReplyDelete